• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

FreeOnes Site Updates: Weeks 30 & 31

Petra

Cult Mother and Simpering Cunt
Staff member
  • GREEN: completed and live
  • PURPLE: in testing before being put live
  • BLUE: in progress
  • Orange: planned but not actively worked on yet
  • RED: on hold

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This sprint may seem small, but at least one of the week's is made up of more admin upgrade stuff as well as fixes/adjustments for internal tools. While it's super exciting for me, it probably isn't for you guys!

The reason we're doing it this way is for one, we do have to focus on our internal tools from time to time. Also, my lead developer has been going for 2.5 weeks so this gives us time to do something called "grooming" tickets. It's when we get together and think out what we're doing as thoroughly as possible.

One of the things we want to implement soon is premium content. This will allow users to buy premium content for credits or with a credit card. When we start planning for a feature like this, not only do we have to think about the steps YOU are going to be taking to buy the content (from the button to the content being added to your account and everything in between like "are you sure?" warnings and emails) but also what's under the hood. How is the content uploaded? Where in our admin is it uploaded? Is it in a separate section or among the normal content users consume for free? How do we do the pricing? How does it connect to storage? Etc and so on.

Smaller, uncomplicated things take between 5-20 minutes to groom out per item. However, something like the premium content not only could take an hour or two but we might have to revisit it 2 or more times before starting on it.

So, that's another lesson on how we develop things!

MAJOR Planned Updates/Fixes
  • Upgrading admin (sept finish)
  • Add priority to the auto scheduler
  • Updating the discount section internally
Minor Planned Updates/Fixes
  • add membership statistics to the admin
  • add 'premium' links to babe sections (must be logged in to see them)
  • inactive channels showing on filters
  • fix link rating (thumbs up/down)
  • fix link in search dropdown from 404ing
  • updating the babe/channel/category home page tabs
  • premium membership chart adjustments
Updates/Fixes in the Upcoming Weeks (or on hold)
  • New babes not always showing on the what's new page
  • Fix video thumbnails for www.celebrityvip.com
  • Add link to site in pay site review text
  • Embedding pay site reviews in the corresponding channel
  • Try to get link votes (thumbs up/down) to appear faster than 5 minutes in all cases (need a special database installed first)
  • HTML Sitemap
  • Creating stopword database for comments
  • Babe suggestion improvements (suggesting alias, official site, social media, etc)
  • Getting a piece of content to not show on a user's "new content from favorite babes" more than 1x
  • Adding a WYSIWYG editor to a subject's "extra text" so we can have nice formatting, bullet points, etc

Last edited:
Reactions: sj1

sj1

Love & Basketball
Thank you @Petra and all the Freeones team for all the hard work on the new Freeones site updates from the beginning, ongoing & future progress. I know it is a marathon, not a sprint. Appreciate it. Take care & have a good one. :cool:

Connor Macleod

I'm too lazy to set a usertitle.
@Petra - In reference to the board side of Freeones.

I know I've asked before (never got an answer), but is there any plan on adding the ability to have folders under Watched Threads?

Petra

Cult Mother and Simpering Cunt
Staff member
@Petra - In reference to the board side of Freeones.

I know I've asked before (never got an answer), but is there any plan on adding the ability to have folders under Watched Threads?
We have a plugin that may be suitable for this (we're not sure atm) but I lack anyone who can actually install this for me right now. We're working on getting this particular expertise onto the team but until them I'm kind of stuck.

Connor Macleod

I'm too lazy to set a usertitle.
We have a plugin that may be suitable for this (we're not sure atm) but I lack anyone who can actually install this for me right now. We're working on getting this particular expertise onto the team but until them I'm kind of stuck.
Thanks for the reply.